You’ve published your new book…now what? If you’ve checked out my last few posts dedicated to online marketing, you’ve presumably set up a healthy social media following on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Maybe you’ve even connected and/or hobnobbed with authors outside of the online marketing sphere via Eventbrite events or Meet-up groups. Now it’s time to consider other strategies to promote your book, namely fiction writing contests.
Fiction writing contests or writing contests in general are incredible ways to get your book in front of industry professionals with little to no financial commitment. Some contests even offer reviews to accompany an entry. With my research thus far, contests seem to take place during three parts of the year December-March, January-April, and then May-December.
Here are few fiction writing contests to look into for this year:
1) Global eBook Awards, Deadline: 4/30/14
2) Reader’s Favorite, Deadline: 5/1/14
3) Book Works, Deadline: 12/31/14
4) E-Lit Awards, Deadline: 1/31/15
5) New York Book Festival, Deadline: 5/25/14
6) San Francisco Book Festival, Deadline: 4/25/14
7) Hollywood Book Festival, Deadline: 6/25/14
8) Paris Book Festival, Deadline: 4/25/14
Make sure to submit your novel-length works and share with friends who also love to write!